Monday, February 27, 2012

Have you ever been to Disneyworld?

I work in the speech and hearing clinic here at the university on Monday afternoons. The audiologist here has two little girls who hang around the clinic after they get out of school and I recently accompanied them on their walk over to Subway while their mom had a client. Not only are they adorable with the blondest hair and most pouty lips you could imagine, but they are hilarious.

Last December the youngest sat in the matierals room (where graduate clinicians check out therapy materials/toys and diagnostic exams) and wrote her Christmas wishlist. Hilarity ensued. She decided she LOVED Miss Piggy from the Muppets, even though she had never seen it. Everything on her list was Miss Piggy-- Miss Piggy sheets, Miss Piggy Chair, Miss Piggy Bunk Beds, Miss Piggy posters-- also 13 pairs of jeans and 7 pairs of UGG boots. What can I say? She has good taste.

But I digress. Tuesday is our last day of class this week because we have Midterm Break and on our mini Subway trip I asked if they were doing anything fun. Then, you can't even imagine the amount of jealousy that I felt when they rang out in unison with great excitement: "We're going to Disney!!!"
Here I am, clearly enthralled about being at little Six Flags Amusement Park.
(That's my sister in the front, looking a little high--I think it was just hot.)

Let me tell you about me and Disney. When I was little, my dad told me that on my 3rd birthday, we could go to Disneyworld. Obviously I thought about it everyday until my 3rd birthday. I woke my little self up the morning of my birthday and packed my mini suitcase (I'm pretty sure it was Barney themed)--and when I say packed, I mean I probably threw 2 mismatched short and tshirt sets in with 10 pairs of socks and maybe a swimsuit. I toted myself down the hall to my parent's room and woke them up with a loud and proud, "I'm ready!"

...crickets... Apparently I was the only one who remembered this Disney trip was supposed to go down that day. And since that day, it never has. And yes, I'm still scarred. So everytime I hear someone say they're going to Disney, a little resentment comes back. (Not really, but really. LOL)
And here I am again, circa age 3. How could you say no to a face like that?!

The eldest of the two girls left me with this glimmer of hope: "Well, hey, you can just take your kids one day." And I think I will do just that. And probably be just as, if not more, excited as them.

3 comments:

  1. You will hate me then.
    I used to go to Disney like it was going to the mall, but I also worked there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. >:( While I could never hate you, I am not above giving you the stink eye! ;) lol

      Delete
  2. Haha...you can go and live vicariously through my pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete